When it comes to choosing a creative name for a photography business you need to expand on your own ideas by seeking inspiration from somewhere.
There are many ways to do this. Below we have outlined some of the ways that you can get photography business name ideas for your new or existing studio. We have also put forward some ideas on how you can come up with some great words to incorporate into a company name.
Photography Business Name Generators
It would be great if there were such a thing on the Internet but sadly there is not. A great business name has to come from the human mind and cannot be generated by a computer. These mythical online business name generators that you may have heard of simply don’t work well in photography or any industry for that matter. They produce results that are far inferior to what you would come up with by yourself.
Seek Professional Advice
Most business owners take on a major role in the decision making process for choosing their business name. However, smart entrepreneurs are now starting to understand that they may not be the best people to make this crucial business decision. It is definitely not a decision that you want to make without seeking advice from a variety of people.
While most business name consultants are way overpriced and will be way out of budget for a small photography startup you may find an experienced local business person or marketing consultant who will offer you some advice for a reasonable price.
Get Inspiration from Other Businesses
To get ideas for naming a photography business you can look at your competitors as well as other creative businesses such as design firms or advertising agencies for inspiration. With the Internet these days you can even look at business names that are in use on the other side of the world.
When you first start brainstorming ideas for photography business names you may come up with some ideas that seem creative, natural or clever. Be careful here though as there are probably dozens of other business owners who had the same idea. Many names like ‘A Thousand Words Photography’ or ‘Picture This Photography’ may seem great when you hear them for the first time but they have really been overused in the photography industry.
Getting Creative Ideas from Words
One creative way to come up with some great name ideas is to come up with some relevant words, write them down on pieces of paper and then practice putting them together in a variety of combinations. Here are some ideas for coming up with a great selection of words.
1) Photography Related Words – Start writing down words that you may like to incorporate into your business name. These may include ‘photography’ related words such as vision, shots, images, media, studio, focus or pictures. ‘Photography’ is an obvious choice for a word but it is not absolutely essential.
2) Service Related Words – You may also consider words that describe your products or services or the benefits that customers gain from choosing your photography studio over those of your competitors.
3) Emotional Words – Many niches in photography are all about capturing special memories and moments. If you need a good name for a wedding photography business for example then you might consider using some of these words. Words like ‘Moment’ or ‘Memories’ may stir up a prospects emotions and attract them to your business.
4) Location Words – If you are really stuck for name ideas then one option is to simply use the name of the area or city that you are working from. A local landmark can also work well. If you are targeting clients locally and feel that you would be unlikely to expand far beyond your immediate area than geographic words can be appropriate in a title. At the very least, your business name will be relevant and appealing to people in the area that you are targeting.
5) Unrelated Words – Sometimes businesses choose words for no particular reason at all and they work well. Strong words that attract attention or stimulate curiosity can be some of the best choices. Think of some random words that you come across in your reading or day to day activities. Take a random word like ‘Butterfly’ for example and think about what kind of image would come to mind if people saw an advertisement for ‘Butterfly’ Photography.
Inspiration can come from all around you if you keep your eyes open. Get the naming process off to a great start be getting lots of creative photography business name ideas to build upon.