In today’s extremely cutthroat business environment where in the order of the day is only to have ‘need based association’ to generate ‘profits at any cost’, I find that there are no values to support the total Humane Needs.
In the recent past, at least for the last 10 years or so, “Hiring & Firing” has become the accepted value system of the global corporate world. I have heard, read and finally seen how families have suffered due to such inhuman policies. I do not blame large business houses, as the market place is filled with few such people, encouraged by few such people, accepted and followed by majority of the people. It is ‘survival of the fittest’ for both i.e. for the people who run the business houses (corporate /companies) and for the people who have accepted to live with it (employees).
When I first read Rich Dad Poor Dad and Business School authored by Robert Kiyosaki, the very first thought I picked upon was – why not an “Individual Work” like a large business house in terms to generating wealth and why not an “Individual Not Work” like a large business houses in terms of Human Needs & Values. I then went ahead doing some research to find out how some individuals who are not living on ‘pay packet to pay packet’ have been so successful in their LIFE and today they are invaluable asset/resources to our society and are with a MISSION to further help people.
I have understood that there are five basic simple steps that were common among such individuals. These steps are simple and I also realized that one needs to put in efforts as well. They are:
1. BELIEF: Do you believe that YOU have all the resources that YOU need to achieve success? Do you believe that YOU are as powerful as any body else on this planet? Believing in SELF is the foundation. All successful people have believed that they would succeed irrespective of number of time they had to try doing the same thing in a different way to achieve the desired result. That is the reason there is a saying “Failure is the Stepping Stone of Success”
2. MINDSET: Have a thought process in place. Believe & accept that YOU have a choice to make a ‘CHOICE’. YOU make up your MIND and choose what YOU want to do. Get to know how these ‘Sharks” think and behave. Explore their value system and embrace their MINDSET!
3. ASSOCIATION: The most important factor. YOU need to associate with people who think and act like the people who are as successful as these experts. It is said that YOU are an average of the FIVE people with whom you hang out regularly. So, YOU need to make it sure that you are always with the right kind of people to achieve right results. That is why there is a saying “Birds of Same Feather Flocks to Gather”
4. AWARENESS: Quest for information. Read books, read articles, surf net, discuss with people who are into such topics. Be aware that AWARENESS is the KEY to success. Check what are the available options, what is suitable, what works, what is attractive, what is lucrative, what makes you excited, what is fun etc., you will not realize that LIFE has so much to offer to YOU. You need to have a MINDSET to Explore!
5. ACTION: Once you have the decision in place, YOU need to take actions. The actions those are appropriate to you. Only you are the right person on this earth to decide what is right &/or correct for YOU.
I always recite Mr. Carnegie’s prayers “Ho divine pronouncement, I ask not for the riches but for the wisdom which to accept and use more wisely the riches that I received at my birth in the form of the power to take control & direct my MIND to whatever ends that I desire”